Looking for easy, inexpensive and fun wedding DIY wedding favors that will put a big, happy smile on your guests’ faces? Make your own sea glass candy with this tutorial from Intimate Weddings.
You can make any flavor you want. Place them inside a pretty tin, tie with a ribbon – and you have a wonderful thank-you treat for your wedding guests.
These candies aren’t only easy – they’re super tasty too. These would be perfect for a beach wedding – or any wedding near the water.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 – 1 tsp. flavoring oil
- Icing sugar (to coat cooled candy)
- Grease a cookie sheet or cake pan with butter.
- Measure ingredients.
- Pour granulated sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Without stirring, boil the mixture until a candy thermometer reads between 300 and 310 degrees (this will take about 30 minutes). Drop a small amount into ice water. If it separates into brittle strands its ready.
- Remove from heat and let boiling subside.
- Measure flavoring oil and pour into candy mixture. Also add food coloring if desired. Blend with a wooden spoon (you’ll notice that it will get really steamy for a few seconds).
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet or cake pan. Let cool (can be put in the fridge).
- Cover hardened candy with parchment paper and tap with a mallet to shatter candy into small pieces.
- Use a basting brush and coat candy pieces with icing sugar.
- Place into favor tins. Tie with ribbon and adhere labels.
Visit Intimate Weddings.